BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baby Boom

Like Jameil, I don't want to be the last person in my crew to be wedded and have children. Actually, I am less worried about that and just pressed about being engaged. Isn't that the fun part Miss Patti?

Anyhoo, perusing FB as I'm oft to do, I noticed all the highschool chicks I know that have children. There was something in the water about 3 or 4 years ago cause I PROMISE you, there is a whole cohort of 23-25 year old who have toddlers. The two highschool classes after mine went to college and came back with more than a degree if you know what I mean. As for my classmates, I think we pretty much escaped unscathed.

I mention this cause it just seems like the people who shouldn't be having babies, do. I mean, the girls came out okay, doing big things in law school or their chosen profession and whatnot... it's just that I used to watch A Babee Storee on TeeLCee and I can't even count the number of couples who've tried and tried and cried and cried over conception or miscarriage or pregnancy complications. And then down the street, there's LaQuanTanish'ah who is 20 and having her 3rd child from a 3rd baby daddy. Or a college student who would do anything not to be pregnant and shame her family. I don't get it.

Here's a IM convo btwn Dani and I about her sister

DQ: Marica is pregnant with TWINS????????????????????????????

AK: shut up shut up STFU!

DQ: so that makes 3 kids?? Am I counting right? Didn't she just have a baby?

AK: OMG, she just had one all of four months ago!!

DQ: my womb hurts right now...fallopian tubes are throbbing. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

AK: 2 words: clown.car. oooh. i think my ovaries just shrunk a little bit. Or swelled with pride cause that HAS to be a gift or some sort of talent!

DQ: I'm sooo... I can't close my mouth from sheer shock

AK: all I can do is SMH. I can't. and it's not just 3 kids but three kids under or just about ONE YEAR OLD! Dani, I think my uterus just fainted.


Lord, when my time comes, please let me be as fertile as Marica and honestly, her WHOLE family.

5 returned the favor:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

LOLOLOL!!!!! I'm soooo glad you were there for me during that convo because I just couldn't even....i still can't even....I just....(sigh)....anywho...I'm definitely getting the marriage itch...I know things happen when they are supposed to happen, BUT patience is a virtue....its just not my virtue.

Southerner in Suomi said...

LOL@ "my fallopian tubes just fainted"

I saw this lady in the rest area in the mall bathroom, looked like she was ready to pop, feeding a baby on her lap with a bottle.

I think she caught me staring because I wanted to ask her the timeline, but I ran out of the bathroom. I thought I'd be out of line.

Rashan Jamal said...

LOL @ the clown car.

I went to school with a LaQuanTanish'ah, except that was her middle name. Yes, I'm kidding.

Jameil said...

did you say uterus fainted? HILARIOUS! love it. the baby booms are crazy! multiple kids under 1 or even 3 is scary.

La said...

wait wait wait... she JUST had a baby and is now gestating twins?!?

I'm out.

My class by no means escaped unscathed. NO MEANS. Actually, I am pretty sure they were 'scathed' while we were still in high school, lol.

I have the entire opposite view of the Fbook updates... everytime I see a new marriage or new baby I breathe a huge sigh of relief and relish that I can go out later that night without having to find a baby sitter and I can sleep in the next day without having to worry about feeding. Amen.