BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wasn't Ready

The other day, I call my mom to see if she wanted to go out to eat for dinner. She didn't pick up her cell so I ordered and brought it back to the house. She comes home and I tell her, "I called you to find out what I could order for you but you didn't answer"

MomDukes: why didn't you text me?

Me: (bewildered) what?? Why didn't I what?!

MD: (ever so nonchalantly) text. Why didn't you text me?

Me: (still so lost) cause... I... didn't know you... knew how to get and read texts! Don't you need your glasses or something to read? A bifocal?

MD: no. I lowered my minutes and got text, so during the week, text me.

Me: whoa. Okay... And who taught you how to text?!?!!

* * * * * * * * * *

Nevertheless, I call MD this morning. I guess she went for a walk or something cause when I woke up again, I saw I had a missed call and a text. Missed call from mom. Text from mom.

"What up call me"

*sigh*
text w/o punctuation. So cute.

8 returned the favor:

the joy said...

Your parents are too daggone much for me.

shani-o said...

Whoo lawd. When my mother first sent me a "how r u" text, I was too through. Like, come on mom.

p_nami said...

LOL. I KNOW my mom will never get to that stage!

Adei von K said...

Joy- right? They are too much for ME!!

Shani- lol so you know where I'm coming from!

Doll- you just watch, for 2009, your mom will text you, "hey girl" lolol

Jameil said...

hahahahaha. your mom is sooo savvy. next she'll be surfing the web to get all the acronyms and then you'll really be lost. you know how acronym slow you are! lololol. let me give you a head start. t2ul means the same thing as ttyl. like doll, i'm quite certain my mom will never be there.

Rashan Jamal said...

My mom texts in paragraph form. they are all in proper english with proper punctuation.

Southerner in Suomi said...

Can your mom please call my mom because we are going to have to put her in text bootcamp soon.

Adei von K said...

Jam- your mom and I text all the time! Where have YOU been??

Rashan- Lolol wow!!! In the age of shortcuts, your mom is keeping it real!

Real proper! (Reno 911... yes? No?)

VDizz- how bout my mom TEXTS your mom and you show her how to retrieve it... ahhhhhhhh!!