BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Come on Already!

I didn't want to be like this. I'm trying not to be a brat. Real talk, is it Christmas yet? I need tomorrow to be here yesterday...or at least today. So much work and money and time goes into this one day and I just want it over with already! Think about it, we've been bombarded/pressured to get into the holiday spirit since Thanksgiving! FOUR WEEKS of sleigh bells ringing in every commercial, song and show! Ugh!

I do attribute this dismal baditude to the "significance" of today. Today is 2 years with Drew.

I got a text.



Now I know he's not big on days for days sake. He doesn't even like celebrating his own birthday or any day the masses make a big deal out of. I understand that.

I *pointing to my eye* am not like that.

I celebrate half birthdays and my favorite food is cake. I love balloons, flowers, glitter and everything that comemmorates anything. As an advertiser's dream, I buy into EVERYTHING! If you tell me there's an Arbor Day celebration, I will be there with potted plant in hand! But then there's Drew. Last night, he told me, "its just a regular day. And actually, its not even the exact same day"

*face*

Last year was actually a bad anny for us. Drew had a badittude for some other reason and it naturally came out during our everyday conversation. Now I'm here sitting at home and almost pissed about it not being Christmas and listening to MD delegate chores to her 3 SKs.

You know what it is? And I noticed and hoped it would change but it didn't.

I'm okay with not having a white Christmas. Matter of fact, I don't want one cause snow is cold and I don't like that word or anything associated with it. Remember you're reading the chick who take juice out the fridge then pour herself a drink and hour later. Whatever the case, I will take a bright sunshining 78 degree Christmas any day and today is not that. Its been gray and dismal allllll day. It threatened to rain and drizzled for 5 minutes. Really? You gon be all nasty and Chicago-y for no reason? So I have a badittude cause the sun doesn't want to come out and its still not Christmas yet.

*Rant over*

1 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

i want to give you a hug. i will do so in less than a week. it's now Christmas. you and drew have this issue every.single.day.others.celebrate. it's outrageous. y'all need to come to a consensus that works for both of you. right now he's doing what works for him and what pisses you off.