BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas So Far...

Its been GRRRRRRREAT! Well besides the fact I got in at 430am and I'm already up... it was so worth it!

So the latter part of yesterday, the part that STILL had no sunshine, I was not the one. Ba.dee.tude. I decided to go to sleep.

I couldn't sleep in my room cause Big Mini Me (freshman 15 y'all) is here and was gabbin it up on the phone. My oh so comfortable mattress topper is on my bros bed but he's here for the month and if Mom Dukes (MD) caught me lying on her bed whilst she was "cleaning" (see: making a mess to clean up) that'll be drama into the new year.

I decide to get my sleep mask, something I RARELY use cause I fall asleep so easily ANYWHERE, and sleep in the sitting room. Got my Alumni Status blanket and hit the couch; GONE!

My thing was, there is no point in trudging thru housework today when we're probably going to have to do it tomorrow. I know how md operates, I'm hip to her game... plus a cranky Adei doing housework is the last person you'd want to be around. If you even THINK about looking at the floor I just swept and swiffered, you got another thing coming! And I don't care if you have to pee, hold it till my floor dries. Then you can walk across it.

SO! I GO TO SLEEP! IN THE MIDDLE OF ALL THE "CLEANING" ACTION!

I wake, I clean, I shower, I go.

I'm in church and I start to feel better. I notice the new tapestries hanging and love them. I peep all the college students home for the holidays and wonder why the boys aren't my age. I sing Christmas hymns that I love more than carols. I hug my fly friend Dani of Dani Colored Glasses and her fly sis and their beaus. I offer the sis an xpress gift card for her red-headed boo but she says "sharing is not caring". Scrooge.

During communion, the church sings Silent Night. We turn off the lights and the ushers and acolytes light candlesticks that were given out as you walked into church. So beautiful. Not as beautiful as I remember in the past but still very nice.

So church is over and its now Christmas. What a nice way to bring in the day! Its the afterparty (is that appropro?) that had me coming in at 430am.

Its been the buzz that this restaurant/lounge is the place to be. Chat it up with a fellow parishoner and its official. I go home to change out the mary janes and sox and don a pink, black and white halter dress. Tre.cute. Although it was RAINING by the time church ended and my hair was a tad bit frizzed, I'm still fly with it. Drove, parked and walk to the spot and one of my fave homies is at the door. He says, "come child. Hold on to me." and we walk right in. Yes! No cover! Thanks Cover!

EV.REE.ONE.IS.HERE.

EVERYONE!

Yo, my crew is here of course but the dudes of the graduating class before us are in full effect! No, FULLLLLLLL EFFECT! Its always bomb when 99 dudes and 2000 chicks are around! And especially since a couple of them I haven't seen in YEARS are in the spot? Aww man, I was geeked.

What song comes on as I hug all my girls?


Get Me Bodied.

You know we cut up something serious! Then while he played a song that has a line dance to it, this dude interrupts my dance! He grabs my hand mid spin and just holds me there! I look at him like, "uh? Dancing here!" and he replies in my ear, "I just had to stop you so I can admire you."

Aww shucks. When you interrupt me for that, I can't get mad. And you're cute. But, I gotta man.


The music was banging and the DJ got into this mid 90s set and played guess?








Scrub the Ground.










Game.

Over.



Do you know what that song does to me? Well, DO YOU??

Jam does. She's Scrubbed the Ground. A party is officially hot if you play Scrub the Ground, there's no denying it! My girls and I are scrubbing the ground, killing it in stilletos and dresses. A dude grabs my hand during the "Round and round we go" part. Then the scrubbing starts and it helps that I have a tether. Thanks dude! No go away cause you're not cute.

So my song came on, cool. Then the reggae set had the 99 boys in the same frenzy the booty music has us girls. "Moah Fiyah!" and "bloodclot" had the most American of dudes reppin hard and singing every word. It was at that time I was glad Drew sent me hella mixtapes.

DJ got into a trini soca set that is ALWAYS high energy and he even bust into a haitian song that I actually like and reminds me of my graduation. Drew made a mixtape for the occasion and threw on some vintage zouk music. Again, much thanks to the Dreezyfbaby :-)

Man, the night is going by and its 3am already! Michael Jackson had me doing the City Boy Slide from Miami... Noo Edition had me Lauderdale Dropping...pulled out the Cabbage Patch during Chubb Rock, got our thug on during a khaled set that had teachers, financial analysts, med students, lawyers, and bankers GRINDIN. We are SO HOOOOOOD! Wait, take out the 'are'... WE SO HOOOOOD! That's better.

By the time 4am rolls around, its a wrap. I didn't even know we had a spot with south beach hours and I'm loving it! We all hug, I get numbers from homies whose numbers changed and find out the 99 crew will be in ATL for new years!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

"We pop champagne like we won the championship, mane"

And go ahead and throw that dirty J.Jones on too. I can't front, that song is hot. South Florida is about to do it big in the Peach State.


And that's my Christmas so far.

5 returned the favor:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Awwwwwww.......................Sounds fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I'm so glad you got out of your rain day funk and were able to bring the fierceness to mass :)

Jameil said...

get me bodied AND scrub the ground???!!! that is too FUN!! i'm so excited about all that happiness!! wheeeee!! lol. ATL or bust it baby!! i know you got excited when that song was on, too ya nasty.

Toni "Turtle Dove" Phoenix said...

OHHHH SNAP!! HOLLA AT A SISTA IN ATL MAIN!

Scrub the ground? Ok, why did my back just get an involuntary arch?...maybe that's just me.

Southerner in Suomi said...

Oh my wow!! I didn't go to church so I was drinking at 4:30 and passed out by midnight

Adei von K said...

Dani- yeah, that funk was not the business. i'm glad i got out of it too!!

jam- bust it baby?

that's all you. boo. see how you bring it up every chance you get? ugh.

toni- YES!!!! BRING YOUR A! Wherever we are, BRING IT!
LMAO @ arch in your back!!! LOLOLOL

Vdiz- woooooooooow. get it lush. was it at least eggnog?