BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 25, 2008

I was just thinking...

So I'm on bacefook, right? I send a message to a now married frat homie of mine and I start thinking about his frat bro. Now this frat is my favorite of the fab four; I have a genuine appreciation for a large majority of the men in this organization. it stemmed from images i have of mommy and daddy getting dressed up to go to their ball every winter. I used to get so excited as mommy pulled out her one of a kind african outfit that was so regal, and as daddy was donning the wingtips, something he never does. his work means scrubs and nikes, his play means cargos and nikes or anything that looks like a roadie for a hip hop group, let my mom tell it ("you look like the person who follows rappers around. go change" von K, L. 2008)


whoa. i need to digress something serious.



so yeah, i'm thinking about the last time i saw frat cutie who i (duh) had a little crush on. He was always "all the way live" even though he wasn't #5, he was well spoken, intelligent, fun, gregarious, beautiful dark skin, fresh haircut always, nice smile, well dressed, etc, etc. everything any chick would want except one thing: he could've been the ace on a sorority line cause buddy was all of 5'1". we saw eye-to-eye, literally. So because of that, chicks didn't pay him any attention, well until he crossed, of course.

we'd been cool since i transferred to FAM and before he went greek. fast forward to when i won tix to see the wailers at a local dive. he was there with an LB and we hung out, talked about music and the like. show over, no exchange of numbers and i figured HE THOUGHT if he didn't get the number before he was greek, he doesn't want it now. no worries.

i'd see KC at ALL the shows i went to. ATCQ, little brother/justus league, talib, even the homecoming hood joints with jeezy and p-tain before he blew up. the last time i saw him, we were at the last Roots show I enjoyed. My whole concert crew was there + some of my hip hop homies from school. everyone road-tripped from their various locations to catch this jean, talib, comm, roots show. picking my tix up from the booth, i see KC. The usual, "Hey!! What's up homie?! I knew I'd see you here" and on and on. we hug, he daps everyone up and introduces us to his longtime girlfriend.


I would bet money her name is Becky.

When you hear the name Becky, gon' 'head and conjure up something in your imagination...

is she white?
yes

is she plain as day?
yes

mousy brown hair parted down the middle?
yes

taller than him?
duh


So THAT'S why we never exchanged numbers!! is the first thing that came to my mind!! Then I looked and I pray to God I didn't make a face as I looked at what this fine specimen of black man calls his girl. Really? Becky? You go with a BECKY??????? I was so stunned.


Needless to say, all that got me thinking about how people react when I introduce Drew. Luckily, most of my friends from high school obviously know him already but I'm now thinking of what was going thru peoples' heads at my graduation and the times Drew came up to visit before we were even together. Did they think he was just light skinned? How could African ass, VP emeritus of NationalCouncilNegroWomen, would've been a black "big cat" back in the day, dead prez blastin before they were big (used loosely), brown skin lady, proponent of black love/family, Adei be with "the man"?

We're going to go with they think he's light skinned. the philly beard and shaved head don't scream "white guy", do they?

5 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

or some of them are like cuz and knew from the second they saw him and were like wooooord NCNW? lmao! hilarity. howsomeever becky? nah bruh. dreezy ain't plain. i'm sayin. if you're crossin the waters let it be for some eye candy.

the joy said...

Lmao. They prolly did. At least Latino. If he was skinny we might think different. Either way he looks hard core and not the male version of a Becky (Todd? Steve?) and his last name gives a lil mystery too. But eff them love knows no color!

Rashan Jamal said...

They probably were thinking what you were thinking, but who cares?

Southerner in Suomi said...

That was hilarious. But I'm with Joy, Dreezy doesn't look like a Matt. LOL

Adei von K said...

jam- EXACTLY!! I need you to pull the BADDEST 'whatever' you like! can we at least get a carmen electra 'round this piece? (she's the prettiest brunette I can think of. no blonds please)

joy- yeah. i'll go with latino. only ONE person knew he was jewish off top. j-dar.
todd (lol) is a good one!

rashan- you're right! who cares?! i don't! and it never crossed my mind till this post...

vdizz- OOOOH, Matt! That is so a male version of becky!! lol