BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

this is weird

how is it that i am living at home and have less money than when i was on my own? i so don't get it.

maybe this economy is really starting to hit me. things that were once $3.59 are now $5.03 (pu.blix choc chip cookies, 36 count). something that was once $3.89 is now $4.09 (6 pc mighty meal from micky d). Now i am the type of person to close my eyes and continue to buy these things despite their increase cause what is my other option? not eat?? when it comes to food, i spare nothing.

gas caught my ass off guard though. i'm not a cash person and now these people want to have one price advertised and another at the pump if you use your card. a whole dime difference. that ish adds up!!!!

of course these are just little examples of a way bigger picture. i don't want you all to think i'm complaining about the econ cause cookies are a dollar fifty more.

to give myself a pat on the back, since i'm not paying rent, i've SERIOUSLY tackled the... financial mistakes i made while in school. mbna down, citi and bank of usa to go. *sigh* they really should have credit card seminars in highschool and during freshman orientation. i do remember hearing a brief lil somethin somethin in university 101 at HU, but that was a flash of info and not important to whatever else i was doing... what was I doing? i was taking in all the different people. picking up accents and styles; being on my own for the very first time since a brownie (girl scouts) camping trip. anyway, i don't like not having as much money as i used to but i do realize i got myself io this mess and i have to get myself out.

i had to talk to myself; outloud, as i was leaving narnes and boble. i was passing by the g a p, nabana republic, gbcb, kenn cole, a whole SLEW of clothing stores that I KNEW i'd find something cute in. I was like, "no... no... keep moving, focus, budget, you don't need anything, move"


*sniffle* i feel like a junkie.



another good thing, i'm saving and investing like a futhermucker. well, i've added another company to my portfolio and then i reinvested in the stock i've had for years. hop on an IRA and my financial port should be complete.

i would do all this right when the market is about to collapse... oh well


can i say i'm "getting my life together" here? LOL La's monkey ass went to church on all of us and i can't help but to send that link to all my girls. like jameil was saying, every three months, we need that wake-up call that we are actually where we are supposed to be, no matter where everyone else is.


here it is:
i am a kindergarten teacher who's a tad bit broke for several reasons.
i'm unmarried, 26, and live at home with my parents.
i've been best friends with my boyfriend for 12 years and we've been dating for 21 months.
some days, i wish i was married to him already
other days (weekends!!) I can't imagine even living with him!
i am totally happy with the aforementioned.
quarter life crisis has been temporarily assuaged




but holla at me in december!

8 returned the favor:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Sooo....the brokeness @ home....(sigh) i need to write a book on this phenomenon. Suze Orman tackled this issue one night on her show and she linked it to being unhappy with your circumstances and thusly justifying purchases to make you happy, in exchange for "not being on your own" (that was the mother of all run-on sentences).

Anywho effectively being on your own brings a certain amount of happiness that can't be duplicated. However, keep trudging down the road of financial security I'll meet you there one day.

Victoria Page said...

Girrrrrllll...I am moving back home because it has gotten WAAAAY too expensive out here. But like you mentioned, I am just as broke now as I was living at home. But there was something profound in this post....we are all where we are supposed to be. That right there, was calming for me.

You are heading in the right direction though! Keep on keepin' on!

Jameil said...

life man!! life!! it drives me bananas!! it's like it's always something, right? def. and buying stuff has become much harder now that i'm a student and have all these extra bills and stuff.

La said...

Think of it this way... sure some of the money is going towards those things that cost more than before, but you're probably broke because you're paying down that debt you weren't paying down before. That's something to be really proud of.

Yes you can say you're getting your life together. But why I gotta be a monkey though? Can I at least be one of those cute ones that look like they're wearing a mask? lol

Southerner in Suomi said...

Here's a tip from a business reporter buddy of mine: it's good to buy stock now because everything is cheap.

And La is write, you are working to get where you have more of your income for whatever you want. And you are investing some of it. Perfect. Because you are young, you can survive a slight dip now. In the long run, you're gonna have tons of tax-free bank waiting for you.
(that's all from bus. reporter buddy)

No to those shakes you getting. Find a sponsor maybe?

p_nami said...

Financial security....the light at the end of the tunnel. You will get to it hon!

On a different and lighter note...I didn't know you two have known each other for 12 years?!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

TMI lol
all i can say is re-cess-is-on

Adei von K said...

dani- S. Orman is so awesome!
so about this meeting place... Texas in a year??

vpage- moving back seems like regressing but in the end, it'll work out for us :-)

jam- who are you telling?? there is ALWAYS something! but, I am glad I'm not a student anymore and will be praying for you! to go from professional back to student is huge!

la- as usual, you are so right.
being a monkey is a term of endearment! its right under 'bitch', 'hoe', and 'hootchie'! (lol) and of course you're a cute monkey!!

vdizz- oooh! you and your reporter buddy just made me feel so good!!
those shakes were serious. i need a sponsor with a lot of money to make up for my brokeness.

doll- there it is! light at the end of the tunnel! i am getting closer and closer!
yep, Drew and I went to highschool together and we kept in touch during our college years