BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lucky No. 7

11:17pm

I just realized something.

While sitting, thinking about my past "loves" which were really likes, lusts, conquests and defeats, trying my best to remember every "oooh" and "ahhh" that brought me closer to what I thought would and should be love, thinking about the nonchalance of that summer day to the cool and calculating night of two can play that game, what they meant to me at the time, every emotion from unadulterated joy in knowing that I got him where I want him to the deepest, darkest melancholy blue melodies, seeing that look on his face when he realizes I'm a bad, bad chick or the double take when I pass him by for what he hopes isn't the last time... with all these thoughts and numbers and dates running thru my head; first phone conversations to last text messages, I realized something.



Drew is the black man I've always wanted.


He lifts me up, always. he picks me up when I'm too gone to stand on my own. he compliments my personality in his exact oppositeness. When I cry, he doesn't get scared. When I laugh, he doesn't get insecure. when I shine, he glows. he's not afraid to talk about the future. he's a man without being an asshole. he's sensitive without being a punk. If I have a need, he has made it his MISSION to meet it. he fills out a boxer brief, rocks a button down, and sags his jeans just right.. he loves me so good, so well, so complete...


he is more than ANY of them will ever be.

8 returned the favor:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

girl dont know what to say about u, but does he has investments and how many languages does he speak

shani-o said...

Aww that's great. I should be so lucky.

Jameil said...

ow! torrance, you can ask questions again when they make sense. stace, i didn't need to know abt the boxers but hurray for all the rest!

the joy said...

Aw! Isn't it great? Sometimes I look at Kesi and my face catches on fire.

Jam I was thinking the same thing!

La said...

aww that's so sweet.

Rashan Jamal said...

Pretty cool!

Southerner in Suomi said...

Torrance, last time I checked it's not 1945, so if he completes her, than that's all that should matter.

And clearly he invests in their relationship and they speak each others language. *rolls eyes*

And stace, def. TMI on the boxers. Lol.

Adei von K said...

torr- yes. 19.

shani- he is great!

jam- lol, i love you for that!
sorry about the underwear, i was on my cell writing whatever came to mind!

joy- awwwww! that's so cute!
see above for the boxer comment!!

la- thanks homie

rashan- he is. i hear you're alright too ;-)

vdizz- LMAO! I love your take on that question!! love lang by talib feat les. nubians!!
daaaaaah!! sorry about the TMI!!! lol