BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 01, 2008

YES!

The babies are gone. No, I really didn't have babies here but... I was pretty much watching my cousins who came down from New York by way of Ghana. Their dad (my uncle) is a vet in BK and they dropped down here for a few days while I was here. Seeing how my aunt, uncle, and cousin are at work for most of the day, I was a chauffeur and chaperon since Tuesday.

Well today, I'm bout to WILE OUT!!! Okay, not really but, I am going to lunch with a classmate and then tonight, LOVE for the birthday girl!! So excited and upset at the same time. Teeny has planned this for about a month and then as of last week, Z-Jay's camel looking behind decides to show up. Now the VIP that would've cost $300 has jumped up to $2500. That so isn't happening anymore!! we're going to be civilians tonight, but fly looking ones!

Sidenote: I'm watching the To.day show and I just the warmest segment!! The Purple Hea*rt Cruise!! OMG, I love it!!

So yeah, I'm leaving here Tuesday, gotta get my tourist on ASAP! I mentioned S'mithsonian to my teen cousins and they looked at me like, "yeah, no. let's go to the mall" Can I tell you about the mall that had Target as a dept. store?? We spent entirely too much time in CJ Penny and I tried to take pics of clothes that further cemented my dislike for that store. I need a memory card for my new phone, there wasn't enough memory for the garbage I saw in there. and the shoes!!!!!!! Lord, help me! *ugh* One thing I hate: ugly shoes. Ugly, bo-bo looking, fake material having shoes. Faux wood, fake cork, simulated leather... dresses made with acrylic... AAHHHHHHH! LET ME STOP!! I'M HAVING A FASHONISTA NIGHTMARE!!

There was a DSW across the way... I copped some pearlescent red patent-leather (PL)pumps by Wine Nest. I see why Jameil loves them so. I saw some gray PL peep toe, d'orsay pumps by my fave designer (steve mad) but thought, As much as I LOVE gray, I only have gray tees. I'm hard pressed to find a jazzy dress in gray, or even a button down. I think i'll go back and get them just based on principle.

Okay, I'm off Teeny's apt! She saved me a piece of Coldstone cake! We were going to eat it at Mosa Rexicana but... there was a $5 per person cutting cake fee. Even if we cut it ourselves. No thanks, the restaurant was already pricey. Yo, I spent $30 on two chicken soft tacos and a little margarita! Aren't margs 'sposed to be in these ginormous glasses?? Ours were in short tumblers. But back to the tacos. Just pulled chicken and tortillas. Can't get no pico de gallo? ($4)? Can't get no lettuce? Nothing. I will say it was topped with a green cheese sauce that almost made it an enchilada, but still. My favorite part of my dish was the fresh and abundant cilantro.

Sidenote: Watching Today's Talk. Why do people dislike Kathy Lee?? She is huh-larious to me!!! So Obama might be too thin to be prez?? Okay Fat Nation where kids are more likely to die before their parents!!! We should be more like him!! A housewife from TX tinks Obama should put on more weight and then she'll vote for him. How ignorant do you sound??? Let me go. Bye y'all

9 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

peace out babies w/your bad shoe shopping! have fun at love! so cool!! i don't really do the today show or kathie lee. she annoys me. her voice grates on my nerves. grey shoes don't have to be worn w/grey. pink. purple. black. red. royal blue. the cake cutting fee is ridiculous. so is charging for pico de gallo!! that should be complimentary!! not amused. at least tell me the ritas were delish or i'ma be done!!

the joy said...

Girl how you go all the way to DC to babysit? Ida been like if you don't come get these kids! Lol.

When we went to Rosa I def stayed on the appetizer menu. And my pom marg was small but yummy!

GreatWhyte said...

But the real question is, were yall actually gonna pay that $300 to get into the VIP? Honey... For $300, that bad boy better come with a pair of 5" Louboutins AND a special personalized rhyme performed by Mr. Carter. Smh.

Adei von K said...

Jam- the small marg. that we all got were good, but you can get a good marg at any mexican restaurant!

joy- that's the marg we got. but i felt it was too small and expensive.

X- I see it like this: if VIP at a renowned club is "reasonably" priced, why not? we're young, flashy, employed, and fly! Oh yeah, VIP was all you can drink, too!

Southerner in Suomi said...

Ugh!! I just spent the weekend seeing that nasty fake snake skin and leopard print on shoes.

Not only that, but you could tell their feet were hurting five minutes into wearing them. I wanted to knock them bitches down, take one of their shoes and BEAT THEM WITH IT!!

And I woulda been out at the $300 VIP. That's some bills.

Rashan Jamal said...

One of the malls in Savannah has Target as the dept store. That and Dillards.

I've been to that restaurant here. I was a little tipsy so I didn't notice the prices. LOL

Pass on the $2500 vip, matter of fact pass on the $300 vip. Is that per person?

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

dnt do nothing where u need to post bail - lol

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Target as a dept store??? Wheaton? Ana I'm all homesick reading your post....until i saw the price for VIP....hmmm...somethings are better when you leave the city...have fun!

Adei von K said...

vdizz- and that's the thing with cheap shoes!! not only are they ugly, BUT THEY HURT!!

Rashan- GET IT BALLER!! LOL She said she usually goes for lunch and didn't realize the price would jump so much for dinner.
That VIP price $300) would get your whole crew.

torr- never that!!! i'ma a laaaaaaady!

Dani- yes. even P.B. Mall can do better than that! (wait, can it?)
VIP at bomb club while you're on vacay is in my budget seeing how i do NOTHING all year! Thats my justification, and I'm sticking to it!!