BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 08, 2008

I'm late

I meant to do a Thursday 13 but I had too many things to do today and never got around to doing the list. Its barely Friday so how bout this, Friday Fourteen?

damn. I forgot what I was going to do my list on. Okay 14 things i'm obsessed with.

1. patent leather
I got a winter white mupa grip bag in patent leather. I bought some flat mary janes in black, red pumps and gray d'orsay peep toes. Let's not talk about the shoes I already own cause the aforementioned were bought in D.C. this past week. I bought the bag to have something to carry my overflow luggage... yeah. Seeing how I'm a person of few patterns, I let my solids talk with their texture. The slickness of PL has always piqued my interest.

2. judaism
no, that's not why I'm with Drew. I am obsessed with knowing who is Jewish, what percentage of hollywood is Jewish (shia leboeuf, natalie portman, joan rivers, michael douglas, etc), synagouges (I saw a chinese one in D.C and Drew told me that there are Chinese Jews!!!!!), all their rites and rituals, Maccabi World, oh yeah, have you heard of Jewbans? Prolly not cause you're not from Miami. a Jewban is a Cuban who is Jewish. That synagouge was CRAZY! I like trying to classify the Jewish people I know as either Sephardic, Ashkenazi, or Mizrahi Jew...

okay, let me stop


3. dirt under my nails
you'd think I'd keep my nails short but, I won't. so, I take whatever piece of paper is lying around, fold it up a couple of times and go to work under my nails. if that isn't the case, i use my own nails and flick the crud off when I'm done. Its usually from scratching my scalp that I get gunk in my nails. All that hair grease and product...

4. taking pictures.
you kinda know that already. i take my camera EVERYWHERE and take pics of everything. I may take several pics of the same thing but I don't care. Maybe I want a flipbook effect of a baby eating a cupcake, thankyouverymuch!

5. facebook
do I really need to explain this one? i live for being in peoples' lives without being a perp. i love looking at their pics (duh) and just seeing what's going on. You can find out soooooooooooo much by a status update or mini feed. you see weddings, births, funerals, school, graduations, LIFE!

6/7. diane von f./wrap dresses
she's my latest obsession. so far, my collection includes an orange suitcase, a vase tote, and a scarf. you know what? this number should've been wrap dresses. the universally flattering piece of clothing that EVERY WOMAN should own! wrap dresses are the 'oh baby' MAC lip lacquer of dresses, EVERY WOMAN SHOULD OWN ONE! but without DVF, we wouldn't have wrap dresses.

8. celebrity gossip.
i get it from my momma. she used to -wait-still watches entert. tonite religiously and I know i've been knowing abt celebrities since i was at least 6 y.o. but, i LOOOOOOVE black gossip. true, i do hit up OMG! on yahoo to see what who was wearing where and why.

9. fashion
i know you'd think this is a given for any woman but it really isn't. what not to wear and instyle, red carpet shows and the rundowns that follow for the next week, anything that has to do with wearing something is all me. not reeeeeeally into designers that much, I just like seeing the color, texture, print, shape that whoever used for whomever.

10. sushi
you have no idea. its been since december 2006 that it was introduced into my life and the ONLY time i haven't eaten it AT LEAST ONCE in a calendar week was when I went to Ghana. and that's only cause i couldn't look up a restaurant online from out house in the mountains. by the time we were hanging downtown at internet cafes, it was time to go. i'm sure that fish would've been BOMB AS HELL!

11. ceviche.
maybe i should've done a raw fish number.... I LOVE CEVICHE!! I had some key west pink shrimp, alaskan salmon, and scallops from whole foods the other day... threw some lime and red onion in that b!tc#...

OMG, I'm salivating. i think it may overcome sushi this year

12. texting
if i could "talk" to you using my thumbs, I would. it sucks that most people i talk to aren't texters... well drew is. joy, need a new best friend? jameil's phone charges her $7,390 per text so she yells at me :-(

13. angelina jolie.
i have a love hate relationship with her. i think she's pretty but i don't see the big deal, my lips are that big! she's supposedly a freak but why can't she be liberated? she's adopted kids and had her own and looks good all the while.

SHE HAD TWINS!! I WANT TWINS!! SHE HAD KIDS WITH BRAD PITT! AND THEY ARE SO DAMN CUTE!!!
Poor Jenny.

I'm done.

14. sweats/gray
i'm not letting them go. i have gotten better in not wearing them EVERYWHERE. I'm trying to impress my boyfriend by looking good all the time for no reason (mom hint). he likes dresses so i copped a couple from forever 21... it takes just as long to throw on a cutesy dress as it does to put on sweats.
as for gray, i reaaaaaaaally want my wedding dress to be gray. i want my wedding to have gray as a color but, its considered such a drab color. plus i am such a BRIGHT and CHEERY person that gray for my most joyous occassion seems paradoxical (or is it oxymoronic?). mom thinks i should have a gray sash but that's not the same *pout*

Okay, that's it. must go to bed now. i got a trip to go on! O-Town, here we come!

4 returned the favor:

the joy said...

You can literally text me anytime. I don't even answer my phone half the time. I kinda worry about what kind of plan people have when I txt them so thx for the heads up on jam.

A grey dress sounds fab. I think it could be executed well.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

photographer extraordinaire no doubt so get us some more pics folk

Victoria Page said...

I too will never let go of my sweats I own some in every size and length!

Jameil said...

you and the patent leather and sushi and texting. all this stuff!! groupie. all them jews? for real? you are a mess! and you and them nails drive me crazy! your little dirty paper corners are gross.