BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 25, 2008

cowlick

I got my hair relaxed last saturday morning.  Over trying to be cute, I told her not to roller set it cause last time, she had me looking like Sophia Petrillo (RIP Estelle).  She actually wrapped my hair like they used to do back in the late 90s... actually wrapped my hair around my head.  I told her that won't work because my hair is too thick for that but per usual, hair dressers to what they want to do (or is it just mine?).  Plus, I know she wanted me to sit under there so she could get two relaxers in... *side eye*


Any way, after unwrapping it 17 hours later, my hair was as flat as I don't even know what.  Not my steelo.  

SIDE BAR: i remember the days when I wanted my hair "bone straight" lol those were the days when my hair was 'bottom of your shoulder blade' long and my years of cutting bangs had grown out to a nice 'aaliyah side bang over one eye' look

I NEED VOLUME! I NEED FLUFF!  I NEED BOUNCE AND CURL! BIGGER IS BETTER IN MY BOOK!

Yesterday, mom and I went to get my hair and her nails done.

mommy getting mani shot from me under the dryer

I finally remembered what the happy medium for fluff is; it was first done when I went to HU and I've loved it ever since (thanks Shalizar from Jersey)

all hail the ROLLER WRAP!

Roller set your hair, sit under the dryer, take them joints out, wrap your hair, back under the dryer, and you're set!

But.  My hair isn't the length it used to be... hence the cowlick


oooh, my eyes look cool.  you know you're pretty if you don't need make-up and you still look good... my lips are niiiiiiice! Me, Shani and Jameil got it going on!  *conceit rant over*

8 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

except me and shani are natural so that means we're deep. hahahahahahha. shalizar was a super hood rat. and not friendly. i can't stand hairdressers who just do what they want!! this is MY hair. i'll just walk out and never come back. you keep returning for more punishment.

Rashan Jamal said...

love the conceit wrap. It aint bragging if its true.

LOL @ bigger is better. You can get the whole 1980's feathered hair New Jersey girl look. Hairspray for one and all!! LOL

the joy said...

Lol

My hair did that too. I hated wrapping though, but I loved my hair straight.

La said...

"except me and shani are natural so that means we're deep"

BWahahahahahahaha!!!!

I havent gotten my hair roller wrapped since high school (when I went natural and couldnt do it anymore) But they were ALWAYS on point.

Adei von K said...

jam- lol you're so silly! *snaps all around and incense too*
oh gosh. i forgot how you felt about shalizar. well, I was her favorite. she used to pick me AND drop me off for my appointments! what she did worked for me and I will ALWAYS love her for that!
Yo, the homecoming that I came to (2005?), you know she was at the party?! my dog gave me a hug and EVERYTHING!

rashan- right? we know you like them uber-confident ones!! LOLOL (we feed off each other).

joy- how long have you been natural?

la- please ignore her.
what are u doing to your hair now? wash and blow out with a flat iron afterwards?

Cluizel said...

Awwwww...Shalizar! I remember when she gave me some hot ass layers...I loved her. I think we both had the rude NY/NJ thing going for us...we understood one another. lol.

p_nami said...

Shalizar...so not the business! She did a horrible job on my eyebrows. She left the wax on for so long before she put the cloth on that it got hard!
I went to Shaniqua. Talk about a bad roller wrap. One of my girls in NYC STILL makes a point to go to her whenever she is in VA

shani-o said...

LMAO @ me and Jam being deep. That's right sista. *finger snaps*

Also, shut up Wife.