BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 18, 2008

Turkish Fest!!

Aww yeah! You know we love us a fest!

So Friday night, I'm driving down 95 south when I see flashing... lights... flashing... lights (sung like the kanye song... love it!) Apparently, Turkish Fest is this weekend! So there!

Saturday morning, we get up and eat crossaints. I have to have my crossaints. I start to do Drew's laundry and I realize how much doesn't get done if I don't do it. My new philosophy on life BTW. Anyway, I'm sorting and drying and folding and hanging and before you know it, I realize its 11am and I didn't tell Drew about the fest! He gets sooooooooo excited and looks up the pertinent info. It happens to be in the same area where the LasOlas Art Fest was and it ends at 6pm. We are soooo there! before we leave, we try and figure out what Turkish fest would be like. Should we make shirts that say, "I *heart* Turkeys'? Would we be foolish to go up in there and ask, "Where all the Turkeys at?!" What exactly are Turks? Are they Middle Eastern? No cause Turkey is in Europe. What do they speak and there's going to be food there but what kind of food? Come to find out, they are Baltic and are a mix of Russian and Mid East. There was hummus and gyros, but the music had the accordion sound of Russia and the traditional dance/rs looked more 'Russian' than 'belly dancer'.

Anyhoo, we watched a marbling art technique that was awesome,



heard the from the DJs of the only Turkish radio station in South Florida (who knew they were that deep?) and Drew got accosted several times. I SWEAR this boy can pass for anything!! he looks hispanic, he looks, white, he looks black, he looks Arab, he passes for every fest we go to! Bet. Japanese Fest won't be so fun for you Drew...



and i want a relaxer. just thought i'd throw that in.

8 returned the favor:

Cluizel said...

Awww...I was just about to say your afro looks so cute. lol.

GreatWhyte said...

Your hair does look cute. Mine, on the other hand....
If you gave up music for Lent, can you go to a fest? **giggling** Just wonderin...

Rashan Jamal said...

You should call them *jive turkeys* LOL Corny, I know. Sounds like fun times.

Adei von K said...

clu- i guess. maybe i need a pressing comb

x- YO! I was actually going to post about that!! so we didn't hear any music! for whatever reason, the artists didn't sound check BEFORE the fest and took FOR.EV.ER to do so DURING the fest, so drew and I left! with the exception of the dance where the music was all of 5 minutes, there was no music! i found it odd and cool at the same time that it worked out like that!

rashan- *snickering* i really think drew said that. we were having a ball thinking of turkey related jokes and quips!

GreatWhyte said...

Ooh girl, no... not a pressing comb, though!

Jameil said...

NO RELAXERS FOR YOU!! lmao @ x and can you go to fests. hilarity. what a jerk. jive turkeys is even funnier. fest groupies represent! please find a fest for the weekend we're in town! we want some fest action too! lol

GreatWhyte said...

Why do I have to be a jerk? I was just trying to encourage the Lent sacrifice. Jeez....

Jameil said...

x i meant jerk in the loving way! i forgot to mention how overjoyed the artist looks. HILARIOUS!!