BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 05, 2007

what to call this? post 5 in 30

just a random ass post for this 5th day in Novemeber.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TONI PHOENIX!! that hoe is 37!! yay! i hear 37 is the new 23, OW!

So today, it felt like Fall. You know why? Maybe its cause its actually Fall but S. Florida just got the memo. They say its a cold front but why can't it be the season is changing?
woke up Saturday morning to get some crossiants right? stepped outside with a tank top and shorts... sooo had to go back in for the hoodie and pants. it was 67 degrees and before y'all up north hoes jump down my throat, it went from 88 the day before to 67. not a good look. it of course warmed up to 83 and that has been the trend. I like Fall down here. I text my homies in Tally to see what the weather was like and D said, "45 degrees but its going to warm up." keep telling yourself that.


new topic

remember once upon a time time, a young blogger you have grown to know and love had a 24th May that was HORRIBLE!! she was depressed

wow, that was only last year...

she had just come to the conclusion to end a toxic relationship, her brother was a bastard child, on top of any and everything else that could go wrong. the only saving grace in that Spring she'd like to forget was her then best friend who said he got her something for her birthday. he didn't know what to get cause it was btwn sirius satellite radio in her car or an iPod nano. Granted its been over a year but guess who just got her iPod? and not just any iPod but the TOUCH!!!

Omarion, say it for me now!

TOUCH!

This thing is so gangsta! Yo, I can get on the internet (with wi-fi), have picture albums, watch videos or movies... it looks and acts just like the iPhone except it doesn't have constant internet connection and I can't call people on it. I can AIM though :-) OW! I LOVE IT!!! Thanks Drew!


new topic

So my mom comes to my school today; it was cool cause she brought sugar cookies for the students who have been on green. While we were eating lunch, she busts out with, "yeah I tried to make an appointment to get your hair pressed but Ms. Howard is having back surgery"

did I, like south Florida, miss a memo?

oh, i did forget to send one: i haven't relaxed my hair yet.
i'm back to TOLERATING it. why don't we shoot for locks this x-mas break? and speaking of x-mas break, who told the year to pass by so fast!?!?!? i STILLL can't freaking believe we are in November. Like all up in November, not the 1st or 2nd but damn near the second week of it!! Football is already in its 10th week!!! INSANE! This year went by at light speed!!!


new (and last) topic

i realized what a wonderful world we live in today. i was a bit upset today cause a main pvc pipe broke underneath the playground i take my students to everyday. thinking i had to take them in and not get their energy out, i remembered about the big playground across the way. we trudged over there and it was so worth it. there are three slides and all of them are slippery/fast. how do i know? i slid down the highest one but lets not forget that i
- hit my elbow so hard going down slide
- almost fell down trying to run to keep my momemtum from the gravity + slippery slide + tweed pants
- got static shocked the whole way down FROM aforementioned pants + slippery slide
- almost broke my ankle cause my new BCBG patent leather/peep-toe/d'orsay stilletoes planted their heels in playground turf which is like rubber asphalt.
i would say peer pressure is a bitch but them lil niggas are 5. and mom had a FIELD DAY laughing at my ass limping back to the chair. whatever, the most precious moment that was one of ZEN was when the children were playing and having a wonderful time. i had to take a picture with my camera phone and make it my wallpaper. I closed my eyes and heard them giggling, I saw Bradly go down the slide backwards, I felt the Florida breeze on my skin, smelled the grass, and could taste being a kid again. I love being a teacher :-)

6 returned the favor:

Toni "Turtle Dove" Phoenix said...

I'm 26. Stank Heifer.

the joy said...

You can not. Not. Not go to the hospital with 18 injuries and when they ask what happened you say, "I went down a slide." tell them you got beat up.

Aw! i wanna be a teacher! You reminded me of a horribly dangerous playground game we'd play. I'll blog on it Wednesday.

I'm jealous of you and your touch! I can't wait for something similar/windows compatible to come out!

Jameil said...

adorable!! lmao @ you on the slide. tooo funny. happy bday toni p!! THAT AIN'T COLD!! UP HERE FOLK WEAR SHORTS WHEN IT HITS 60! to quote la, SKIRT DOWN, MAN UP!! mad you're just gettin your ipod... can i have it???

Adei von K said...

Toni- i'll give you 30, take it or leave it

Joy- right?! OMG, I'd walk off all those injuries out of embarassment. at new emp orient, they were talking about some of the injuries that were reported to school nurses and I refuse to be the object of orientees laughter!

Jameil- that slide was so much fun :-)
are you hollering? ALL CAPS, son? and it took me long enough to get it so i'm keeping that iPod!

Cluizel said...

ahhh...too many things to comment on. brain overload for my fragile little mind!!! lol

ipod touch...boo on you me = hating!

Jameil said...

1) yes i'm yelling.
2) selfish.
3) did you get my msg? if you don't start checking them, i'm going to stop leaving them. maybe i'll just stop calling.