BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 12, 2007

but at least i can comb it!

daniQ warned about dominicans doing hair... was in aventura over the weekend (the city just south of hollywood) and i SWEAR swear the D.Repub version of Charo was doing my hair!! fake eyelashes and nails to boot. 1st of all, she parted my hair in like, 10 sections; i looked like a haitian in elementary school. she relaxed each part and rinsed each part. it took 2.5 hours to do my whole head. she thought i was joking when i told her i need sensitive scalp. i was crying on 10 separate occasions this past sunday. she also thought 'medium' would work on my hair. i saw she bust out a brand new jar of 'coarse' when she finished the 1st one...one jar for just the bottom half of my hair...

BREAK IT OUT BITCH! THIS IS 100% AFRICAN GRADE!

so we finally make it to the shampoo bowl to for real neutralize and shampoo my entire head cause before, as stated before, she was just rinsing. shit was still processing and shit. and she says i need a deep hydrating conditioner. fine. whatever. i know my hair is black hay. we work that out and proceed to the cut. i supposedly need the back chopped off.

i HATE hairdressers.

i really do.

cut and then a roller wrap that turns into blow dry with the brush white girls use to curl their hair... so after chemicals burn, i get thermal burned several times with the blowdryer and metallic brush. i ask myself this question every 5-8 weeks:



why do i relax my hair again?
so thinking about cluizel, jameil, and madam the ENTIRE time...


mind you, this was after the fiasco of NOT getting my hair done as scheduled on saturday at 4pm. i left the salon in tears from emotional distress of my dreams being dashed over a 2 hour wait. yeah, drew had to leave his rehearsal to come get me AND.... the reason why i was crying is cause i was on my shit and didn't have any advil. so, i'm all hypersensitive and i just KNEW the hairdresser didn't want to do my hair :-( andrew is all with the, "we are not crying in my car. please stop crying! oh gosh" i didn't mean to fluster him but i couldn't help it! i told him to take out his clippers and cut it ALL off next time! i've done it before...

i seriously have a love/hate relationship with my hair. so not healthy.

4 returned the favor:

Cluizel said...

The Dominicans blow your hair the hell out! Like...intense heat right on your scalp and hard pulling with the round white girl brush... ::shudders:: Oh shit...I just had a flashback...

How much hair did she cut?

Jameil said...

you are crackin my shit UP right now even tho i heard this story on the phone last night. po thang. w/yo 100% african grade. your consolation? you still look good even w/your hair short! we are some fly *booooooooop*s.

La said...

I LOVE when dominicans blow my hair! You haven't found the right person cuz it should NOT burn you b/c the dryer should keep moving. And she shouldn't be using a metal brush, she should be using a wooden, natural bristle brush. Then again, I got hispanic hair so I'm probably not helping, lol
So why not go natural? You could leave it completely natural. I haven't had a perm in years. I just press mine if I want it straight. Its much thicker and healthier than it used to be when I had a chemical in it.

GreatWhyte said...

Yeah, I discovered the wonderful world of the Dominican hairdress not too long ago. I LOVE IT!!! However, I definitely feel you about the thermal burns on your scalp. If you don't get them while you're sitting under the dryer with those hot ass clips pressing into your scalp, you'll surely get them from that blow dryer and that round brush. But whatever, cuz those women can straighten the HELL out of some hair! I went three weeks before I went back, and my hair was STILL just as straight as it was the day I left the salon. And all for only $15. HELL YEAH!!!!!