BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Random Thoughts

I'm trying out a new episcopalian church today. Last week, I went to St. George's in Bed-Stuy. It was cool, LOOOOOVE the atmosphere. I think it might be a big long-winded with alllll the singing they do... then again, I was late and there a baptism. But what rubbed me the wrong way was 1. All the old people and 2. This one woman who sat by me and was trying to tell me what to do.

Ma'am. I've been an episcopalian since I can remember. Look at my Book of Common Prayer, my full, govermental name is embossed in gold leaf. Where's your book? Oh. I know what I'm doing, stop being so aggressive.

But then after church, when it was time to shake the canon's hand, she made it seem like she brought me into the fold. "Yes, Canon Miles, this is Stacey and she's visiting us today. I told her I hope she will join us again!" I definitely looked at her like she had 8 heads! Ma'am! You are. showing all the way owt right now!

So I went to a street fair in BS yesterday... the people of BK are so... wanna be boho chic. Let's see who can wear the dirtiest chucks (or Toms if you're white), the most wooden bracelets, have the biggest or longest or most colorful natural. It looks like american apparel meets goodwill store. I mean, it's cool to be all earthy/creative if that's your thing. I have a friend who dresses like BK and has been forever (Morganza). But it's coming off in a pretentious way. IDK, I just don't want be looked at like "The Man" b/c I'm wear regular jeans, a powder pink wife beater and a lemon yellow cotton pea coat. I can't get with wearing polka dot harem pants, floral bustier, and brown oxford booties. I will never be cool enough to pull off that look.

Yo, school is getting better and better. When I used to have to stay till 6pm to figure out what I'm doing the next day, thus making it a 11 hour day, easy; I now leave around 515, 520. That's HUGE! I'm getting the routines down but guess what? We're getting a schedule change this Monday :-( WHYYYYYYYYY? LOL

I want to see my friends more often. I mean, I cry when I'm coming from Harlem at 10pm but guess what? I used to live hundreds of miles away!! What's a 1.5 hour trip on the subway???

I need to hit up my living soshul specials. I know I'm missing out on some awesome restaurants. And laser hair removal! Hello, underarms!

Yes, that's where i'd try first. They are the most public, kind of. Well, I will say they're the most offensive if out of control. Legs? I don't care what you think abt them. But also, if there's scarring or hyperpigmentation, it's under my arms! If it works out and I can tolerate the pain, lower legs. Then upper legs. Then bikini line.

I need a kid-friendly Halloween costume. Oh yes, the System goes all out for the 31st! I was thinking zombie since our class loves Thriller soooooooo much, lol. Either that or a superhero. Wonder Woman is not really scandalous, right? It's not like sexy officer or firelady...? I will keep you posted!

Thanksgiving plans are being made all around me... what do my plans entail? I'm going to check with my sister and see where she's going. Maybe to her BFs, maybe home.

New Years! Where will I be?? I mean, I am in New York already and I've never seen the ball drop in Times Square!! But I still have other cities in mind. Denver was so much fun last year!! Miami, Atlanta, DC, Denver... I need a Dallas or Houston New Years on my map! This train of thought will also be continued!

Okay personas, that's me and what running around in my head! TTYL!

1 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

Aye. Old ladies. Go saddown somewhere!! Maybe she was so excited to see someone young in there she didn't know how to act. An aggressive woman at church will turn me off completely. OMG I saw this pic of allll these boho people and was like you're all trying SO incredibly HARD!! But why? Tis cray. Your outfit sounds like a mom outfit, tho. Powder pink & lemon yellow? a pea coat? mom jeans??? yay for school improvement! if you have to ask... yes wonder woman is too scandalous unless you're lengthening her skirt and covering those hoochie arms.