BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 01, 2011

The Post-It Note

Me *bright, happy tone*: I'm already thinking of the next city I want to live in... I can used to this gypsy lifestyle!


Pops *deadpan*: you need to get married. then you and your husband can decide on the next place to live.

*record scratch*

Me: ...
or not.

Pops: yes. that's the next step. that's what you need to be thinking about.

Me: who says that's the next step?

Pops: *raises hand*

Me: so if I don't do that step, I'm a failure at life? I'm worth nothing if I don't get married in the next year or two?

Pops: I didn't say that, but that's the way you do things. You grow up, get married, and have kids. you're at that step right now.

Me: that's the way it USED to be. not everyone is meant to live that life. who's to say I am? you have your wife and kids. congrats on passing life.

Pops: well, that's what human beings do. they get married and have children. they watch their children grow up. they graduate from high school, then college, then they work. then marriage and then children. and you will do the same. it's natural.

Me: if you want me to get married and have children, i can do that tomorrow. since that's the end goal of life, i can be married tomorrow and have a grand for you in nine months. you let me know what you want me to do.

Pops: no, do it the right way.

Me: the right way is to live life as happy as possible. it's safe to say i'm passing, thanks.

Pops: yeah, well keep that in mind.

Me: ok. i will put a post-it note on my mirror "Don't forget to get married."

2 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

You know I'ma send you a box of post-its now, right? Mk.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Wow, wow, wow!! Keep doing you superstar!!