BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rants, Ramblings, Whatever

So last week was a bit more positive than this week. Chill out, I'm allowed to not be cheery miss sunshine every once in a while; I believe in balance, thankyouverymuch.


1. The school i will be working at is the newest in the System. So for some weird reason, our principal feels like we should see the 7 other schools and how they get down. i live in BK. for me to be at the BX school by 7am means i have to get up and going by 430 am. it's still dark. that can't be safe. my main gripe is this: you have to have 3 years teaching experience to become a teacher in the System. Why would watching another teacher go thru her routine help me in mine? Yes, I can pick up a few pointers here and there but ma'am, traveling to harlem and BX is just plain ridiculous.

2. i've been here for two weeks now. in those two weeks, i've been talked at and lectured every.single.workday. from 8am to 5 pm. what more is there to learn that i just checked my work email and found out we have another session at 8am... MY GOSH! DO YOU PEOPLE EVER STOP TALKING?!!?

3. 3 hour meetings must stop. call us together at the end of the day for a hour debrief every day. don't call us one day at 10 am and keep us till 120pm and then call another meeting at 3pm. that can't happen. people stop listening after 2 hours. and i get hungry for some real food, not some freaking cheesits you pass around. i've already devoured the almonds i had in my bag, let me go eat some food.

4. $95 for a retouch?? GTFOOHWTB

5. $103 pp for a prix fixe menu? GTFOOHWTBS

6. people who don't take out their wallet before the bus gets here.
ma'am. you know you're getting on the bus in t-minus 6 minutes. why must you stand in the stairwell, fumble thru your purse and take out $2.25 in change? OMFG.

7. some say it's better to use cash but not me. I have cash in hand, it disappears. I like using my card cause i have a running total of my balance in my head. with cash, i think, "Oh, it's already taken out *SPEND*" the lack of businesses that takes cards appalls me. i understand we're in Bed-stuy and most people don't have a bank account but cash their checks at the bodega, but is the fee that much that you can't have a card reader? i hate you. but i love you at the same time cause Lord KNOWS i'd be fat off of pizza, ribs and fried fish if my food spots took cards! Yum!!! LOL

wasn't that a good segway into positive?

8. like my dearest friend Jameil, I loooooooove a good meal. where she finds utter joy in collecting the esoteric ingredients and preparing delectable dishes, I want to find a restaurant that will feed me well. throw in awesome atmosphere and a good drink, i'm yours forever. New York has alllll that. It has the zagat rated hole in the wall rib joint in bed-stuy. it has the always fun habana outpost in ft. greene. then... it has kittichai in soho

*fans self*

Dani and I will be going there next week. I'm going to pee on myself if Sunday doesn't get here right now!!!!

9. events.
yo, talking to my dad, he was like, "Don't forget to catch a Knicks game. And tell your uncle Spike to sit down!" LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! I AM IN KNICKS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO CATCH A GAME!

ummm, there are free music fests here like, alllll of the time. i missed when mos def had his free concert in BK and then the morning shows always have someone performing during the summer... (i missed maroon 5 too)

10. i have more friends here :-) it was tough being so far from everyone. with my mom gone, it was me and pops and koko. but that was more likely me and koko with my dad's voluntary work schedule. up here, i can hop on a train to see at least 4 friends or see my family in LI. and flying anywhere out of NY is cheaper than flying out of PBI, i know that for a fact.

Ok, here's to focusing on the positive and minimizing the negative! negative is going to happen, as long as i vent, put it in the air and be done, i should have a great year!

1 returned the favor:

Cluizel said...

$95 for a touch up? GTFOOH!!! Jeez...I can't even remember what I paid back in the day but it sure wasn't that...wow

Lobster roll please!