BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Another Page in K.I.R.

Keeping It Real


I thought this time would be filled with me tasting cakes, playing in chiffon, and comparing shantung fabrics.

It's not.

I'm in a funny place. From my previous post, you know "we" have some family issues that have been discussed but not really resolved. Now that a wedding is in the future, the topic of them is sure to send someone off the deep end. I already feel like I'm walking on eggshells with him.

But then there's my side. My side who came out in surprising DROVES for my brother's wedding. My side, who when I called with the news of my engagement, was already planning for a trip to south florida (and that's without a date). My mom's sister in Strong Island, her sister in UK... my dad's brothers in BX, VA, and So. Fla who are THEE most excited.

THEEEEEE.most.


I'm the oldest grandchild on my mom's side so I really think my grandfather will make an appearance (from Ghana)... and my British cousins on both sides.

Then there's friends, family, classmates. I'm not having fun trying to figure out how to pull off something both of us will appreciate and keep my sanity.

The wedding websites overwhelm me. So much to do!

I'm over bridal mags. The last two I bought were underwhelming (Brides and MSW). I found a couple dresses I like, (two silhouettes, ball gown or sheath) so I just have to try them on and keep it moving.


and then of course there's life. You know, bills, work, immediate family... *sigh*


She's cool one minute, not awesome the next. Where's my daddy?

How do bride-to-bes do this? Life has to go one while you plan this ONCE IN A LIFETIME event!

3 returned the favor:

Anitra* said...

Stop. Wait a minute. Now breath. You are in control. You are a person of power. #TeamJesus - It will all come together!

Jameil said...

You get a planner or palm that stuff off on your MOH (who cares if she's pregnant! LOL) or your incredibly eager mother.

Naima said...

Get help!! And oh yeah...an 18-month engagement doesn't hurt (at least in my case).

Yeah, I'm over the magazines. They're not free and they have limited content. Wedding blogs on the other hand? WIN!!