BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 7- Your Best Friend

I have two best friends.


The oldest one is Andrew. He's been my guy best friend since we met in high school my freshman year (Fall 96). We instantly clicked and the rest is history.


My other BF is Jameil. We met at the Illustrious Hampton University. I don't remember her freshman year but I know we had University 101 Honors. I'm sure she was the loud and obnoxious one reppin Queen City or something like that. Ugh. (lol)

I think we got closer towards the end of freshman year but I know for a fact we really hit it off sophomore year. I don't even know what instance brought us together but we've pretty much been inseparable (as inseparable as people can be living in different states!! LOL) "every" since.

Hmmm, I really want to know now... we never stayed in the same dorms, totally different majors... maybe during one of my trips to the dorm most of the KDY Queens lived in (DuBois Hall), I met her thru a Queen Journ major... that has to be it!

Whatever the case, we had a BLAST sophomore year! We frequented the on campus apartments together (for cool music and movies), ran around campus together (literally. like, it'll be 2:10am and Jam and I would be running around), chased after guys together (we stayed looking for an Expo with Carolina tags! LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and partied together (remember when Amerie's sister stepped on my foot and almost got her behind whooped, calmly?). When I got over my major (Rx), I would sit in her class (also cause I had a crush on her prof) and then we'd do whatever it is sophomore girls do (I really don't remember. Go to small caf for lunch?).

Right before junior year, I was abducted transferred from my Home By the Sea. Jameil and I kept in touch. I think we e-mailed like crazy. Then she introduced me to Blogger and that's how we really kept in touch with eachother's lives. It wasn't until 03-04 do I really remember talking to her on the phone on a regular basis. She was always the level-headed, rational one when I got delusional in my thoughts. I really love her for not being judgmental even though she kind of comes off as being so. Let me explain.

When I was going thru straight and utter foolishness with a guy, Jameil was never that friend who was like, "Oh helllll no! You need to leave him! Why are you still with him!? OMG, are you stupid for staying? He is thee worst!" She would listen to me rationalize foolishness of why he likes me more than his other girl (smh) or even better, come up with the brilliant idea of doing to him what he was doing to me. Then she'd and say something like, "Just don't get hurt. You know it's not like you to do that so why pretend that it is?" Almost like, "If you like, I love it" (even if she really doesn't love it. as long as you're happy...). From reading her recent post abt her mom, I'm sure she got that from her (letting you make your own decisions instead of telling you what to do). Those are my FAVORITE things about Jameil (rationality and objectiveness).

Now the reason why I say she comes off as judgmental is cause she knows what she likes and what she knows what she doesn't like. If you try to get her to see your way, save your breath. Jameil's mind is usually already made up. People may take her having a strong point-of-view as judging their p-o-v but that is totally not the case. She likes what she likes and entitles you to your opinion, take or leave hers.

Jameil and I have many common interests. One of the first ones we shared was InStyle mag. We used to spend hours poring over each page via phone. Utter glee emanated when we were in the same place with our magazines! (we have pics to prove it. word? iPhoto wants to show out now. ::FACE::). We also share a love of fashion. In a split second, we can tell you what's right or wrong with an outfit. we are firm believers in accessories and "less is more"/CocoChanel's "take off one thing" rules.

We have been known to be extra the life of the parties (FB pics to prove it) and we can have fun in a paper bag.

OMG, do you know how awesome that paper bag party will be?! PARTY IN THE BAG! I CAN'T WAIT! AND I KNOW YOU CAN'T EITHER!

I know you just got hyped off an imaginary party in a paper bag. Admit it, for a split second you really wanted to be invited to our Paper Bag Party. It's okay, you knew it would've been all the way live!


So yeah, my BFFL! Drew and Jameil!

3 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! GUESS WHO ELSE GOT HYPED ABOUT THAT PAPER BAG PARTY!?!? I LOVE IT!! It's funny that I'm the logical one. I used to press my opinions on people more but now I try to let them be themselves... even if inwardly I'm baffled by the behavior. WE DA BEST!!!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

OMGEEEEEEE! I love this post! That was the sweetest tribute to a bestfriend!!!! Get out of here about the INstyle I still have boxes of that magazine from 02/03 when I fell in love with it. My Bff and I do that with this mag called C about lavish CA living.

LOL! @ The paper bag party!

Okay now to make it about me *smile* I like the fact that you both comment on my blog. You two are clearly different and offer different perspectives, and it's funny when you talk to/about each other. I die!

Anitra* said...

This has got to be the cutest and sweetest thing ever - Love it!