BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 02, 2009

I'm on a roll!

It's Monday and I would like to thank Daylight Savings for ending. I was worried all day yesterday cause the extra hour was throwing me off. I woke up at 430am and looked at the clock like, "Word?" Then I woke up at 630am and gave up. Drew and I went for a 45 minute walk on the beach then came back to his place like, "Now what?" It was still ridiculously early.


Well, this morning, the extra hour did me well! I am up, fully rested and POSTING!!! If this was 3 days ago, I'd be on my way to work! Not today! I still have an hour to get my life together!!

*

So last week was a rough week cause the weekend before, I wasn't here to cook and clean for the week. Ugh, I was soooo annoyed at how my place was looking AND I was always hungry for a large portion of the days. I ate sushi 3 times last week (expensive) and Whendy's or MicDonald's or ChickFilA the other days. #notagoodlook.

This past Friday, I hung out with Moms, ate some Whendy's (grrr), took a nap at S.Lakes and came back to my place to meet Drew. His monkey-ass didn't show up till midnight?? Yeah, I was on my way back down to sleep. But I felt the urge to cook something and not waste the day. I butterflied a whole chicken, threw some s&p on it and baked it. Made white rice and ...

you know what I could be doing now??? Simmering some black beans! POLLO TROPICAL!

BRB

Okay, I have beans simmering and sweet corn coming to a roll. Woo hoo! With some fresh salsa, I'm reds to go!

*

Drew and I were talking about marriage this past Saturday. He being the math person pointed out that 50% of marriages end in divorce and of the the 50% that stay married, 25% aren't happy but stay together for children or appearances. "Most people look at their age and say, 'I'm supposed to be married now' so they go marry the 1st person who seems suitable. That's not cool." I being the eternal optimist pointed out that there are happy marriages out there. He agreed and said, "yeah, you have to be like us, just have an awesome chemistry and connection. We're perfect for each other. Wanna go look at rings tomorrow?"

WOW!!!! LOLOL!

There was nothing for us to look at cause I already know what I want! Oh, Mrs. Patti, the ring I want is a round solitaire with tiny diamonds down the visible part of the band :-)


Okay y'all, I really have to start getting ready for work now. Even though our lesson plans are done for us, I never know what BS the district wants us to do! TTYL!

5 returned the favor:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

His level of romance is overwhelming LOL! As long as you're happy, I'm happy...Be that happy 50%.

Jameil said...

daylight saving-- no s. someone wasn't paying attention on twitter! i wanna walk on the beach!! i'm irritated by the lack of stuff i accomplished this weekend and the amt of money i spent last week. mmmm black beans. i think i'm making a mexican rice bowl tonight.

i'm w/dani. 50% failure rate is really sexy, romantic talk. that number is actually 45%. "The chances fall to about 40 percent for first marriages and decline further for college-educated couples, people from intact families and couples who share the same religion."

i look at it like i can't do anything about all those other people. i can only work w/my husband to make sure WE'RE not in that number.

Rashan Jamal said...

Daylight saving didn't affect me this year. i went to bed early and woke up early, so it was almost like it didn't happen.

Some Pollo Tropical sounds good right about now.

Adei von K said...

Dani- how do you start off with a disheartening stat and end with a proposal for a proposal?? I was bummed and excited in a 3 minute span!

Jam- ooops! forgot abt the 's'!! lo siento!
I am a HUGE fan of the mex bowl! chicken, rice, corn, salsa, and black beans?? so there!
I like the added info on marriage stats! Must share with the math man!

Rashan- do you guys have pollo tropical up there?? or did you see it in Gainesville??

Rashan Jamal said...

Orlando actually. We didn't go, but I was intrigued.