BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Two Stars no more

Since our weekend was cut short, (see two posts below), Drew came up yesterday. We hung around the house for a minute; chatted it up with Stan's wifey and kicked it with Russ and Koke. I knew he wanted to stay over but the twin beds in our (the girls) room wouldn't be getting it. Shoot, the double bed I had at the Palm Club was too small for us! Seeing how Drew is 6'2 240+ and sleeps like a starfish, we need a Queen or more.

Wait, is there a difference between a double and a full? I feel like there is...

Anyway, I called up the hotels close by to see where we could lay our heads. Courtyard Mariott was my cup of tea so I looked up the one right by my house.

the reservation agent told me $129. Do I really need to spend that much money just to fall asleep? Nah, maybe next time.

I check the new Mariott Residence Inn that is also down the street... studio style rooms for $149

*sigh*

Okay, there's the Wred Roof In that we've stayed at before. It was actually nice and Drew kept on saying, "let's just go there. I can get a hotel room in south beach ON ocean drive for $170 so why would I pay $150 for one on 45th street?"

True.


I call, I reserve, we check in for $59.

The 1st room smelled so bad. We walked in and walked right out. I don't want the room to smell like phillip morris had a taste test in a sauna. Humid cigarette smoke. no.thanks.

2nd room didn't smell so we took it. I try to sign on to wi-fi and realize I don't have the pin. Call the front desk, "Hi, I don't have a PIN to get on-line..." "Oh yeah, I was supposed to give you a card. Okay, I got one for you *click*" "ummmm... ok?"

I go to the front desk (2nd time) and get my card. Drew and I go get dinner around 6pm and run some errands (walmart, the house, etc) then come back to the hotel. Actually, we were in the MOTEL part cause our door led to the outside instead of a hallway. not a fan. i know that we were there b/c i used my triple a discount and they give crappier rooms to discounted guests.

anyway, we watch family guy and during a commercial, we realize its hot. raggedy ass A/C has it either freezing or hot. really?? in the renovated room?!?

*sigh*

all the water I drank at the new sushi rest drew took me to had my bladder full. i pee, flush and notice that the toilet doesn't flush!!!
REALLY!?!?!? IN THE RENOVATED ROOM!?!?

"Hi, Stace in room 127 again, the toilet doesn't flush" "Really? Okay, I'll be down there"

5 minutes later, Ron comes with plunger in hand. He's working it out in the bathroom while Drew and I are just sitting on the bed looking like, "wooooow..." We hear a flush and Ron comes out triumphantly. "There, its good."

*face*

We finish Family Guy and go to take a shower.

WHY ARE THERE NO FUTHERMUCKING TOWELS!?!?!?!?

No face towels, no bath towels. Just that one you put on the floor to serve as a mat and the two hand towels by the sink OUTSIDE the bathroom!!!!!

AAARRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!

I tell Drew to call this time. "Yeah, we don't have any face or bath towels..." and here comes Ron with TWO towels. Stingy with the towels aren't we?? I don't even bother. I go on my rant about freaking red roof and why this wouldn't happen at a mariott or embassy suites!! Drew tries to play me to be this bougie bitch and I said, "no sir! top shelf only! i settled for this mess and look at what we've been dealing with!!" Mind you, this was after going to the new walmart that is already ghetto as hell. as we were standing in the check-out line, we both concluded that we would drive whatever distance to go anywhere besides walmart. i believed I tweeted that... I threw that back in his face, "Ok, Mr. 'I'll pay extra at publix if I didn't have to smell and see what we did at walmart'!!!" Oooh, your girl was hot!

So I went to sleep. I didn't want to take a shower in a place that didn't even have a fan switch or shower caps.

Woke up this morning, used a towel as a turban wrap and took my shower. I'm looking for the ironing board and iron so I can... iron (lol) and guess what? red roof's monkey-ass, business class, upgraded renovated room doesn't have either. that means I have to leave the hotel that much earlier to go home and either iron or find something else to wear.
i can't
Yeah, I resorted to my staple/back-up outfit: skinny jeans, fitted tee and some badass heels. today's pick (to match the punk ass weather): ash gray tee, dk gray jeans, gray, patent leather, peep-toe d'orsay pumps, holla!


needless to say, as with EVERYTHING in life,
DON'T SETTLE!!
garbage ass hotel...

3 returned the favor:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

(mouth agape)....I have an issue with the tons of hotels on 45th....do we really need 6-7 of them? Can we have one really good one? And what is with the prices? I blame the rapids...$kachillion for a ticket(this is not Disney)...give me a slip-n-slide and some soap!

(sigh) all in all that is muy terible!

I'm all about this hotel(thx Patti)...more expensive than the $59 but the towel supply shouldn't be a problem: http://westpalmbeach.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

Reason # 23,456 why WPB is not where its at.

Jameil said...

daaaaaang stace! you need a hug! lol.

Rashan Jamal said...

That's gross. I would be itching all night in a place like that. I already don't like staying in hotels from seeing one too many exposes of nastiness on the news, a non flushing toiler would give me hives or sump'n.