BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 05, 2009

You mean like...?

So yesterday, I guggled the group whose latest song has me singing all day. The song is 'Beggin' and its by Mad*con. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the song! Found out the original music is by Franky Valley and was already on my Good List for You're Just Too* Good to be True, brought to my attention by L. Boog herself.

Whatever the case, I find out this song came out in Dec 2007, this duo has been doing the damn thing in Europe and the whole world since 2000 (a great year if you ask me), and... they are a mix of "cold.play and the r.oots, narls barkly and blak eye pees". I tell Drew to check them out and the following convo ensued.

D: coldplae and roots, huh?

S: or gnarls and BEP

D: I'm thinking mozart and led zepp

S: what came to mind for me was backstreet boyz and ded prez

D: maybe a little NWA and Otown?

S: or ozzie and issac hayes

D: the beetles and electrik red [group that opened for jaz sull, et al]

S: jamiroquai and TI

D: elephant man and boy gorge

S: mike mcdonald and john mayer (a reference to j. timb on fallon)

D: john forte and jarobi

S: you won

8 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

i have no idea what y'all are talkin about. music hoes.

Southerner in Suomi said...

I don't think I'd like TI and jamiroquai, but def. coldplay and the roots.

Anonymous said...

UGK and fall out boy... oooooh, maroon 5 and new edition... oooooh, i got it, cash money millionaires and metallica! i win!

the joy said...

Incubus and Levert! Yay! This is fun! Bsb and ded prez killed me though.

Rashan Jamal said...

I could do this all night, but I'll just do 3

It's like Tracy Spencer meets Dean Martin... Or B2k and MF Doom... or Cheryl Pepsii Riley and Todd Rundgren.

Man, I need someone to have this competition with!!!

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Ugh I can't believe I missed this....Ok here's my lightweight contribution.....its like Big L and 311, Savage Garden and A+, Blackstar and Wild Orchid

Adei von K said...

Jam- poor musically deprived thing

VDizz- don't sleep on the TI Jamiroquai! I'd honestly prefer that to the esotericness that would be the roots and coldplay!

Joy, Harmonic, Rashan, Dani- Mary J and Marilyn Manson, Jamie Foxx and Bjork and for the win...





LaToya Jackson and Eddie Murphy

DaniColoredGlasses said...

I think my soul just died on the kicker....Latoya Jackson and Eddie Murphy wow! I'm going to sit in a corner and just let the ipod undo the wrongness that you just mentioned.