BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Buenos Dias!

let me tell you about Orlando OUTSIDE of Disney World: straight haitians and hispanics! There must be like, 10 channels for the aforementioned cultures! and the radio stations? Of course they have your urban stations but I ended up on college radio (U. Central Fl). Saturday Jazz. *sigh* I miss college radio. I was a 90.5 QUEEN back the the FAMU days and WHOV was my ish at HU. My homies from 28B, specifically Whiz had that bomb "Lessons in Jazz". a former 28Ber actually sent me a recording of one of the shows, so happy :-)


So Pops, Mom Dukes and I went to the party. Like my god-sis' wedding last year, it was a beautiful reunion for our neighborhood that has moved all-over. People came from Atlanta, Mississippi, Cali, etc.


Before I forget, my mom and the Guest of Honor requested Soldja Boy.






*inhale deeply*





yeah.





the only part my mom knew was the "YOOOOOOOULLLLL". GOH? Knew the whole thing. I did tell you it was her 50th Birthday party right? My dog wore a gold lame' halter with some gold peep toe pumps... halfway thru, she changed into the red number that a conservative flapper girl would wear.... I'M TRYING TO BE LIKE HER WHEN I GROW UP!!

The "kids" of our neighborhood -the oldest being 33 and the youngest being 21- had a blast doing "old school" dances (Roger Rabbit, Kid & Play, Cabbage Patch) while our parents got down to "Walk it Out". Yeah, good times :-)

*i wish i was on PC, that way I could hyperlink the pic of the extended family that was our neighborhood*

Oh well! Here are pics from the night!

Mom and Pops

the Fathers of the Neighborhood

Guest of Honor and Daughter (FAMU Alumna)

GOH about to Soldja Boy in her RED dress

Me and my FAMU Alumna Godsis

5 returned the favor:

Tasha said...

LOL @ requesting the Soulja Boy and only knowing the "Youuuuu" part. Cute!

Beautiful pics, looks like fun times :-)

Jameil said...

hahahaha. the hilarity! i won't be a conservative flapper. straight up flappin it. did i tell you i'm obsessed w/the thought of a gold sequined dress? very. i need it in my life, i want it in my life, come put it in my life, i'ma keep it in my life.

dreamyj said...

awww, nice pics! sounds like it was a good time with your family!

La said...

LMFAO!!!! I am cracking up at work.


So Fabulous!!! lol I wanna be like her when I grow up.

p_nami said...

Oh no! Half of our favorite Texas rap duo was found dead:-(


RIP Pimp C