BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 05, 2007

Marley Fest *updated with links*

so this weekend, Dreezy and I were watching the Saturday morning news show when we heard the International Chocolate Fest was in Miami from 930 till whenever. Bet. it was 8am, we could make it!

NOT!

went back to sleep, I woke up at 10 to watch 'That's So Raven' and he was still knocked the fcuk out. we FINALLY got up around noon, went to Aventura Mall for some sushi and headed to Bayfront for the 14th An Bob Marley Fest. HEADACHE trying to get in! security were some bitches, talking bout Dreezy (who does he think he is in this shot???) should park downtown and carry his keys in. ummmm? that's 98lbs. let him in and once he sets up, he parks somewhere else. nope. we had to wait for Johnny to come with the pass.

waiting in the car


Johnny and the rest of the band show up and its still a headache but whatever. we get in, they perform with Mikey (the drummer's son who EVERYONE thinks is me and Dreezy's) I hang out backstage the whole night, we went to the Hypnotiq VIP section for an hour, got me an Empress shirt designed by a Marley and we don't move our cars till we left. PRIME PARKING! mind you, we got there around 3 and left around 1130

so yeah, the show fest was BOMB!! I've never been and missed out when Erykah and Lauryn used to to come but it was still cool! it was str-8 reggae acts for the first time, with the exception of Mr. Cheeks who is an unofficial marley... he was wack! his last song was sooooooo 'Lights, Camera, Action' from '01!! anyhoo, i had a BLAST taking pics and seeing all the acts UP CLOSE! Gentleman is FINE and fiyah! Capleton is FIYAH as is Sizzla Kalonji! Believe it or not, we didn't stay for the Marleys. Too many of them. later found out they did a long set together but whatever. they all aren't talented. my fave one (stephen) has no stage presence. the most famous one (ziggy) is losing his touch, damien... never really felt him. I like his one song that was on red star sound vol 1 and there is another one who performed on a late show the other day... WACK song! sounds like dave chappelle's parody of dylan on making the band. anyhoo, here are some pics









i don't know how to rotate on here... just facebook.

7 returned the favor:

the joy said...

Yay reggae! Loves it! My dad found the best of Bob and gave it to me. Yay!

Is drew flipping someone the bird? Shame. And is lil mookie really playing the guitar? How bedoreable!

Jameil said...

cheesetastic! all them teeth!! hahahaha. i'm coming to miami!!! tell dreeezy i need my ticket yesterday.

Toni "Turtle Dove" Phoenix said...

I'm loving those pics. You guys are too adorable with your outings.

Jameil said...

he thinks he's a gangsta. you should hear my accent. its great. he told me that is y'alls kid. i figured that's why it took you a while to graduate. raisin babies is hard.

Cluizel said...

But why is that little boy soooo adorable.

And I mad you can already label shit as Spring 2007...ugh...but why do we have snow on the ground?

Leela said...

love the pics! very cute.

oh how i miss the sun! i envy you

Adei von K said...

Joy- OMG, I remember when I started liking reggae; specifically Bob. Sophmore year and I couldn't get enough of it! Now I'm not as into it as Dreezy is but I do love the music!

Drew "threw up" a "sign". Its for the band he's in. nothing more. LOL

Baby is NOT playing but he knows all the motions! He "tunes" his ax and all!

Jameil- BRING YO ASS CHICK!

and Drew doesn't like the pic of him cheesin too much... LMAO!!!

Toni- we gotta get you a digital camera!

Jameil- you know you're an ass right? and so is he!!! telling people we bought a child at marley fest!!!

Clu- snow? what's that? see u in the M-I-A!

Leela- Chile please! you're in France! How hot is that!?!? thanks though :-)