BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Weekend (draft from Jan '12)

So we know my Saturday started off very mellow (see previous post) but then I remembered a co-worker (restaurant week buddy) had her friend coming into town from Boston and she wanted us to go to the Gugg. I text her to see what the deal was and she invited me to brunch at another co-worker's house. No problem, I hop in the shower and make my way to our science teacher's apt; still in Brooklyn but in a part I'd love to live (Clinton Hill, between downtown and Bed-Stuy).

Man, while I was there, I found out some deets about our school!

1. the science teacher is in a relationship with our special ed teacher. the principal called them in after our dave and buster's event b/c the chess teacher publicly (drunkly) outed them. oh. science teacher is a nigerian chick from minnesota and spec ed is a butch chick from illinois. yes.

2. boston chick is a lesbian floral/event designer

Yeah.

I get there and it's a hen-fest. First of all, they thought I was joking when I asked if they are indeed together. It took me back to days at FAMU when I finally found out things that happened in high school and people give me that look like, "Where were you? Who didn't know that? Are you being serious? You really didn't know? damn."

Dee dee dee!

Anyway, after brunch, RWB and Boston say we're going to the Gugg. We end up walking around window shopping in SoHo. But what made it hilarious was how lost we got. And SoHo doesn't have the streets and avenues like upper Man. You really have to know where you're going or you'll wander aimlessly for hours; which is what we kinda did. But it was ok b/c none of us are from th city so we were thoroughly enjoying ourselves in the relatively nice weather. The sites, smells, people and of course shops. While we were wandering, Boston kept on naming things she can't stand. It started off with the Gap. "OMG, I hate that store! It's so boring! Then chimes me, "I LOVE the Gap!" "You do? I'm calling you Khaki from now on. That store is so... ugh, khaki."

0 returned the favor: