BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 12, 2012

What do you do when someone tells you, "You don't need me, you think you're better than me."

a) blink
b) agree with them
c) disagree with them
d) all of the above

I bubbled in 'd'.  Here's the backstory.

Went to Hampton, transferred to FAM, caught the eye of a guy in COE with me.  fast forward 5-6 years later, we're chatting on the phone and it's going okay. He asks me how I feel about him and I hit him with the, "damn lil... I haven't talked to you in about 5 years..."  I don't know why he's so pressed but I eventually find out he's been checking for me since our days in College of Ed but I wasn't checking for him, "You thought you were too good for me since you came from Hampton."

Here we go again.  I thought it was just a Norfolk State thing.  Does every state school hate Hampton?

I reassured him with what my dad told me long ago, "I don't think I'm better than anyone, I just know no-one is better than me."

c) disagree with them

Anyway, in later conversations, he mentions me being engaged to a white guy. I told him that was in the past, I'm moving on from that, let's keep it moving.  Then he hits me with the "Oh, so the black man wasn't good enough to marry, you had to find you a white man."

a) blink


"Mr. Blackman, that was years ago. And since you brought it up, let me tell you about your brethren i've encountered thus far along the way..."

But here's his, "Well, I'm not all black men so don't put me in that category."
"I didn't. But your insecurities are about to get you added to the list of Failed Black Men in Stacey's Life".

Blah, blah, blah, we talk some more, something that was an inside joke became unfunny and we fell out, ONLY after he had this whole lemon squeeze about me glorifying Hampton even though I graduated from FAMU, how I need to find me another white guy cause i don't know how to talk to black men, how I need to find myself, Uncle Thomasina, how he's getting his PhD so I can finally be impressed since it's apparent just regular ass teachers are not good enough, and on and on and on.

I looked at my phone in disbelief.  Then I went in on him.

I don't even remember what I said cause it was 115am and I was just tired of him and his whining. I do remember saying, "If you think I'm better than you, it's cause I am. Is that what you wanted to hear? Do you feel better now? I hope so. Let the world know that I am better than Jonathan!" and then I told him to leave me alone cause I don't have time for bitchassness.

b) agree with them






WTF?



1 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

Was he from Jersey? I've been saying it since Hampton and I'll say it again, "I DON'T HAVE TIME TO BABYSIT YOUR EGO!!" If you need me to tell you you're wonderful and smart and enough all day everyday then yes I am better than you and no I will never want you. You can never represent all black men for any reason but most of all because you're weak-minded. Is that what you wanted to hear? I hate hate HATE dudes about that foolishness. Exit my life.