BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Home for the Holidays

and by "holidays" I mean spring break. I've never wanted a spring break so badly in my life. The System is killing me softly. I don't believe in it and I can't let money dictate my happiness. I laughed one time when Jameil was telling me about a spoiled colleague who once said something like, "it's not about money, it's about your quality of life." Well, I retract that laughter from 6 years ago cause daggummit, she's right!


Speaking of quality of life, I decided to spend a few days at my favorite place in the whole wide world: The Mayfair. But on my drive *giggling* down here, some hurtful words said to me just last week crept into my psyche and a single tear rolled down my face. 30 is a few weeks away and now I'm getting scared. All that "bring it on!" talk? That was in the past. I don't know what I'd do if I had more months but damn, can I get an extension on the twenties? I guess not.
I can always say I ended them in the most fabulous city in the world... I like that spin!


I digress at the word "fabulous".

I think because of my mini heartbreak, God saw fit to get me an upgrade. Even though everything is called a suite at the Mayfair, I have a real ass suite. Like, doors to separate rooms and everything. All I need is for that second bathroom to be kitchenette and I would never leave this place. I don't know what it is about this place but I am truly madly and deeply in love with this resort. Now that I look around, there's nothing extravagant, it's just that understated Miami glamour I like. Wood. Linen. White. Glass. Green. Orange. I'm so happy to be here right now, feeling like a queen and I'll be doubly excited when Kitty comes to join me tomorrow :-)

Life's too short. Do what makes you happy. And thaaaaasssss real!

0 returned the favor: