BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 01, 2011

pulchrum est paucorum hominum

'beauty is for the few' as in Niet.zsche's 1885 The Antichr!st. I don't know how I came across this line but it turned up in a search a few weeks ago and I've been digging it ever since.


I am a little bit obsessed with looks. Not in a way that I would alter anything I was blessed with (outside of orthodontics) but just how looks affect interactions. There are people who I think are unattractive and have unsavory personalities to boot. I often wonder where to they get off acting like that looking the way they do. Then there are people who I swear look good because their personality is awesome or they carry themselves with the perfect balance of humbleness and confidence. I dated a guy in high school who every one would agree was not the best looking but he was loved by everyone. Then there was the cutie with a shit personality...

what makes a certain person attractive? Is it that perfect ratio (1:1.6)? Does everyone have their own ratio? When do you cross the line into straight up preference? is beauty really in the eye of the beholder?

0 returned the favor: